Today, my brother's 3-month-old golden retriever, Happy, passed away. Sadly, she was hit by a car and died on her way to the vet. In her short life, I only met her once. When my mom told me the news I found myself suddenly crying. Not because I may have bonded with her the one time I saw her but because my brother really loved her. Aside from his wife, I'd never seen him love anything so much. It was yet another reminder that life is so damned short. How can this little creature remind me, yet again, that life cannot be wasted? That I shouldn't spend my time on things that don't fulfill me? That our physical time in this world can be taken away from us at any moment? In my lifetime, I only hope that I can touch the lives of people the way this little puppy did with her three months here on earth...
heaven on earth...
I draw inspiration from this beach...
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Goodbye, Happy
Today, my brother's 3-month-old golden retriever, Happy, passed away. Sadly, she was hit by a car and died on her way to the vet. In her short life, I only met her once. When my mom told me the news I found myself suddenly crying. Not because I may have bonded with her the one time I saw her but because my brother really loved her. Aside from his wife, I'd never seen him love anything so much. It was yet another reminder that life is so damned short. How can this little creature remind me, yet again, that life cannot be wasted? That I shouldn't spend my time on things that don't fulfill me? That our physical time in this world can be taken away from us at any moment? In my lifetime, I only hope that I can touch the lives of people the way this little puppy did with her three months here on earth...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment