heaven on earth...

I draw inspiration from this beach...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Staring into the Sun

I wrote this in 2004, a month after my return from Southeast Asia. Do you ever feel like time is slipping away? Photo: Sunrise in Varanasi, India 2007


Dreams of seconds, far beyond my reach
Laugh at me sadly, there's more to teach
Before I know it, my eyes fill with tears
They are stolen from the bath of fears

But every breath that I inhale
Places me here, to no avail
It delivers me to my purest state
Where a gentle light keeps me awake
Illuminating me to the core
Showing what I do ignore

That steadily, the sun rises slow
And earth comes to life with a silent glow
Chasing the sunlight in the air
I finally feel I have time to spare

Waves crash through my ear drums
I don't have to wait, each moment comes
The towering rocks hang over me
In this grand old world, I'm just a speck
JUST BE...

No comments:

Post a Comment