"I left almost a month ago. But now, after the late nights of partying have subsided, I feel more like myself and not the run-down version struggling to recover. I really see what this place does for me; has always done for me. Now I sit, shaded from the intense heat which still has yet to build. The breeze keeps me cool, accompanied by the faint smell of the deodorant from the man sitting behind me. The book I'm reading makes me cry, the warmth, the smell, the breeze, the one year old boy makes me cry. I love it here..."
this pic: the crazy horn-billed tucan-like bird was as much a menace as a welcome-sight for people who were familiar with it and for those who hadn't seen it before. It's crazy-looking, as you can tell with that look in it's eyes. It flew around the beach searching for scraps of food off plates. Here, it is chewing on a piece of red pepper, followed by a dessert of my sunglasses, which it flew off with (after I tried reaching for it from it's beak with no success). I was freaking out because, although I had two other pairs of sunglasses with me (I didn't like them), those were the only ones that really fit me comfortably, my $5 cheapies from New York. Luckily, it let go of them and rather than falling into the sea, it landed on the rocks, accessible for me to retrieve.
No comments:
Post a Comment