heaven on earth...

I draw inspiration from this beach...

Monday, April 26, 2010

In Need of My Happy Place

I was going through the stuff in my storage and came across many things.  I laughed at some old photos, came across old books which, upon opening up a random page, discovered that there was something I really needed to read right then.  I also found the tiny note book I carried around with me while in India, 2007.  It was during that trip that my grandma, 97, had passed away.  I missed the funeral and mourned in Goa.  I dreamt about her the night she passed away on February 14, 2007, Valentine's day.  She said to me, "Don't worry, I'm comfortable where I am..."  I saw two photos of her today and came across this page in my notebook, "Grandma, did you know that sometimes when I thought of you and couldn't be by your side, I had to stop what I was doing so I could cry?"  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment